Produsage project

Hi all,

As many of you know Canvas is replacing Bb in Spring 2018 for all courses; many courses will begin using Canvas as early as this fall. While there are many advantageous elements of Canvas, one of the drawbacks is that you are unable to create a community organization. It does not have this functionality available.

In many of the administrative meetings I attend, discussion has been centered around alternative tools that might be used to fill the gap left by this functionality no longer being available. After the readings last week, and becoming familiar with the various tools presented, I have decided to create a tool for Academic Advisors in Edmodo. I will present this idea to the Deans in the Division of Undergraduate Studies as a potential alternative intervention to fill the gap identified.

A few takeaways from last week's readings on maximizing success when designing:
1) Select tools with learner and content in mind
2) Provide opportunity and assistance for learners to become familiar with the tools and to use the tools effectively
3) Provide alternative options if users are uncomfortable with a given approach

One of the potential concerns is the security of information. Currently, the content I have added is available via other websites, and does not contain any information that must remain secure, however, that will be one of the drawbacks mentioned when presenting the tool to the Deans. If it will be used as a repository for advisor training and student resources only (no secure/ protected student-specific information), then I think this could be a viable option to replace the Council of Informed Advisor Bb site currently being used.

My Produsage project is housed in Edmodo. Please go to the following site: https://www.edmodo.com

In the upper right corner of the website, you should see "Join A Group". Enter group code 27j4fk to join the Edmodo Council of Informed Advisor Group. Someone tried this earlier, and encountered an issue. If you have any problems accessing the group, please let me know! I just tried it again, and it worked for me....Well, it seems the group codes are a little funky. If you're unable to access via group code, please visit this site: https://edmo.do/j/uv26jh, and I will approve your request:).

Please take a look! Please provide feedback. I would love to hear your thoughts prior to presenting this to my colleagues in Undergrad Studies.

Thank you!

Comments

  1. Group request sent! I would love to provide some suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I approved your request to join the group. You should be able to see the Council of Informed Advisor group now. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions:).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts