Honecomb Framework - Alternative thoughts....

Howdy!

So, I posted this yesterday on my bad blog (no, not bad to the bone😈, just bad Google + that doesn't generate an RSS feed)... So I thought I'd share it over here as well!

Learning lots about web 2.0 for my new class. Tons of reading to do...

Had a conversation with a colleague this morning on an article I read by Kietzmann, Hermkens, McCarthy and Silvester called "Social media? Get serious! Understanding the functional building blocks of social media".

We were talking about the honeycomb framework, as outlined in the article, consisting of Identity, Conversations, Sharing, Presence, Reputation, and Groups. We were talking about the broader user experience (not solely tied to the Social Media tools presented in the article), and how a framework like this might be useful in analysis of products and services to determine whether a 3rd party vendor's services/functionality would be an appropriate intervention, based on implications of the functionality/design... essentially how assessing products/services in direct relation to the determined need could be extremely beneficial in analyzing whether to purchase or not.

I love how concepts from one area of my life can positively impact discussions and interactions with others in my professional life. 

Comments

  1. Just copying my previous comment over for you ... replicating the previous blog. Also, I see this shows up on G+ too, so you must have found a way to connect the two.

    That's awesome! I really don't think that social media/Web 2.0 conceptually "owns" the topics raised in that framework. Instead, it just provides us with the space to really consider how these elements play off each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting suggestion. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ian~
      I find that a lot of the ISLT coursework has implications in my day-to-day professional life as an ERP business analyst. One of the biggest challenges (I think) of working for a large institution is the ability to make informed decisions, as an institution, on what 3rd party products make the most sense to implement based on the specific needs or gaps. I thought the honeycomb framework could be an interesting and innovative way to review/reframe expressed needs, and to match 3rd party products more specifically to those needs:).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts