If at first you don't succeed - #EME6414 tools carrying over to professional life...Diigo to list.ly

Hey guys,
Just thought I'd share a little story about what I've encountered in the past two days... So, for my Personal Learning Paper, I have been working on learning about an upgrade to the student information system that I work on. I'm a business analyst and work as a liaison between campus partners and developers to implement changes or modifications, integrate with third party systems, and provide production support.

So, having looked at my classmates' blogs and projects, decided I was going to create a diigo list and share it with my colleagues. I went through all my old emails, and dug through the websites to find what I wanted to share on the Upgrade, which included YouTube videos, webinars and links to resource documentation. I.WAS.PROUD:). And excited to share! Some of the sites where the info resides are rather beastly and not user friendly, so I thought others would appreciate having a compiled list that they could add to, and quickly access the resources they needed.

So, I then get to the "invite" screen, and enter the email addresses of my peers, and hit next. Well, apparently you have to subscribe to be able to send to more than 2 people. Sigh.....

So, I then researched list-ly and did not see any restrictions on the number of people that I could share the list with....I rebuilt it, and am quite happy!

Lesson learned: Check all capabilities before embarking upon a new project!

Comments

Popular Posts