Periscope

Hi everyone!

I signed up with Periscope last night using my existing North FL Flowers Twitter account. I was able to quickly locate Taehyeong and Ray (and other EME6414 classmates) through my existing Twitter contacts, and really easy to follow them.  Everything was pretty intuitive, and the tool looks cool!

I saw Ray's test run video on Twitter yesterday evening as well. Only after looking at my work calendar last night did I realize I've got a meeting from 11am until noon, and will not be able to participate in either Ray's or Taehyeong's live Periscope session. I reached out to Ray via Twitter to inquire if it would be ok if I watched their videos after the fact. I also responded to Taehyeong's Periscope reminder email to the class to let him know I would be unable to join due to work commitments. Ray responded, and let me know it would be fine for me to watch them this afternoon. I realize I'll be missing out on some of the features, and am kind of bummed. I was looking forward to participating!

I was able to access Taehyeong's Periscope video after work today. I really enjoyed his topic...and the resources he shared. He discussed UCINET software and how he used it to analyze and visualize Social Network data generated from blog posts.  Very cool! Hoping that the link to this free software will be shared:). He also shared Analyzing Social Networks book, and the author is the creator of the UCINET software. You can also run statistical analysis in addition to the visualization of the network.

His second topic was on Video Gamers, and how he used Periscope for a classroom activities for digital natives (young generation, Gen. Z). Twitchi or Periscope will most likely be much more prevalent in a classroom setting with this generation than previous generations. He presented a scenario from his spring class in which the class used ipads to broadcast using Periscope. How his classroom groups used Periscope was shared.

I am looking forward to watching Ray's session next!

Thanks, Taehyeong!!!


Comments

  1. Thanks for the recap! I was also unable to join due to work, but I find live video to be a fascinating medium! Have you tried Facebook live at all? I feel like most of my friends have shifted to that from Periscope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alexis Leigh!~ I haven't yet, but after seeing Taehyeong's Persicope video, and think about potential uses, I will certainly be looking into these tools to broaden my communication reach! Good to know folks are using FB Live also:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts