Reflections and Thanks.....

Good morning everyone!

I just wanted to take a moment to reflect on this semester with you. I feel I've grown tremendously in my willingness to embrace new things. This class has challenged me to step outside my comfort zone and really explore how we might engage our learners in new and innovative ways.

I'll be the first to say there are definitely some tools that I will continue to use, now that I've been introduced to them. Surprisingly, I find I like Twitter (if you couldn't tell by my frequent tweets 😂). I like that I can quickly scroll through to find articles and suggestions relevant to my interests. Another tool I really enjoyed was Storify. I liked the narrative element, and really being able to build a story, or a point in time. I will most likely use it to document more adventures like the one I had from Yucca Valley (feel free to read about it if you haven't already, and are interested in a 24 hour adventure: Yucca Valley to Ocean Beach/ San Diego.... A 24 Hour Adventure

Edmodo was cool, but I am not sure if my Produsage project will be embraced or not "in real life". I plan to share it with some of the Academic Deans and Director of Undergraduate Advisor Training. We shall see:).

Lastly, I really like List.ly! As a part of my PLN, I created a List.ly for work, and will continue to use and share with my colleagues. I want to build a stronger Community of Practice in my work environment, and my List.ly list will help me connect with others both within my personal work environment, as well as internationally.

I also wanted to take a moment to say thanks. Without you all, I wouldn't have learned nearly as much as I have. I've read so many cool blogs on different tools and resources; it's inspiring to read about your passions and how you might engage with your learners, by embracing new technology and adjusting pedagogy to truly create lesson plans that challenge thoughtful growth.


Just curious, what are some of your favorite tools you've learned about in this class? Feel free to share in the comments.

 #EME6414 Summer 2017 - You guys are awesome!!!

Comments

  1. I like List.ly as well--it is awesome! I will use it after I switch to Chrome.;) Cross fingers for your produsage design presentation and hope the Deans like your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My fingers are crossed:). We shall see! I will absolutely continue using List.ly moving forward. It's an awesome curation tool! It's been a pleasure interacting with you these past six weeks, MorningEvening. Best of luck to you!

      Delete
  2. We've had such similar experiences, and I look forward to seeing all of your future posts! It has been such a wonderful summer, and I wish you all the best for the fall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts